Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Welcome.

Welcome to my blog. My intention is to make this site useful for teachers and staff the Hubbs Center for Lifelong Learning, as well as the teaching world at large. I welcome your input, comments, links, thoughts and suggestions. You can leave a comment on any post or email me on my profile page. Just click on my picture, in the right side column.

Right off the bat, I'm going to direct you to a website (also linked at the bottom of this page): www.ted.com TED is an acronym for Technology, Entertainment, Design. It is a conference held every year in California that gathers together emerging and well known people from across many fields. Each person speaks and/or gives a presentation that is 20 minutes long or less, on a topic. The website is continually being updated with recent and older talks. I highly suggest this talk, for example, on the the need for a sea change in education in the area of developing creativity. Enjoy and please share this site with others.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Adam,

    Love it! How did you get the TED video of the week widget? Is it on their website? I'm a total TED fan, too.

    Also, did you hack one of the Blogger templates to get the nice large font? I can't seem to remember any profiles that diplayed this way when I set mine up.

    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adam,
    Love your blog! I'll check back often!
    Cheryl H

    ReplyDelete
  3. Susan, yes, you can embed a TED video. When you are a at a video click on Share, then you can copy and paste the HTML code and put it where ever you want on your page, or in a post. You can change the font size under the Layout tab, under Fonts and Colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Adam! I will follow and contribute.

    ReplyDelete

Write your comments here.